Summer is right around the corner and if you’re looking for that beautiful getaway in Maine, you should visit Ocean Park! Whether you are visiting locally or from afar, Ocean Park, Maine should be your next weekend adventure spot.
Ocean Park, where Oceanwood is located, is a small beach village located right in Old Orchard Beach, located just a short drive south of Portland. The village of Ocean Park is quaint, at the same time surrounded by things you’ll love: historical sites, beaches, nature activities, and great food.
Here are some inside tips for adventure in Ocean Park, ME!
- Before arriving, you’ll want to book one of our cozy cabins at Oceanwood for the week. They are perfect for families! Contact our team for more info and availability.
- Plan a day at the beach! After all, we have access to a beautiful seven-mile beach.
- Trying to stay active during vacation? The Cliff Path is the perfect place for a walk, run, or a scenic picnic. The Cliff Path is located about a mile outside of Ocean Park, right in York. Along the path, you will see exquisite beach scenes, beautiful houses, beach flowers, and shrubs. Also, time your visit right for a scenic sunset or sunrise. Oh, and did I mention The Cliff Path was voted TripAdvisor’s Traveler’s Choice of 2020!
- If you are looking for a great wooded hike, be sure to check out the Atlantic Way Trail. The trailhead is located right off Old Orchard Beach and features a beautiful forest setting with coastal pines and shrubbery along the 1.8-mile route.
- Looking for a break from the Beach? Travel south into York to York’s Wild Kingdom. See everything the family-owned zoo and amusement park has to offer, including beautifully landscaped animal exhibits, numerous rides for all ages plus food and ice cream stands, and more!
- Make sure to take a trip to the Old Orchard Beach Pier for lunch or dinner with a beautiful ocean view. And check out their event schedule for some great special events, including; Chowderfest, Country Jamfest, Pierpalooza, and Fireworks!We hope you consider adding Ocean Park to your summer itinerary!
See you in Ocean Park!